- Soon: On / Kun examples words in SRS flashcards18 May 2015
- I am working on adding the On / Kun example words that are currently available in Custom Review, to the Spaced Repetition flashcards.
Thus when you have completed RTK you may want to enable this option so you can start associating characters to their readings,, and potentially note down some vocabulary as well.
- Forum link.13 May 2015
- The community forum link is back. You can access the forum from the "More" dropdown.
- Small QoL tweak for story editing.7 May 2015
- The error message displayed when saving a story that is too long now displays the count of characters that are over the limit (for example, "Story is too long (512 characters maximum, 23 over the limit)"). This should make it easier to whittle down a long story or text imported from other sources. Thanks to ralfkl for the suggestion!
And wow... Kanji Koohii (previously "Reviewing the Kanji") will be ten years old this August ! That is rather ancient by Internet standards =)
On a personal level, I am awaiting surgery (septoplasty) in July, which should help me breathe properly through the nose! I feel like this has a big impact on my sleep right now, and my general energy and motivation levels. Things got worse about a year ago when I started waking up regularly with a headache and a heavy head that lasted the whole day. Thankfully with nasal strips those headaches are gone. Now I just have to slog through the mornings till surgery. >_>
And as always, thank you for the support! There have been generous donations in March, more than usual thanks to a donation run from Sebastian.
- New page: Flashcard Settings1 May 2015
- There is now a new Flashcards section in the Account & Settings page which will hold general settings for the flashcards format and spaced repetition.
The first option available is called "Review new flashcards (blue pile) in RTK order." Check this option if you would like to review new cards in their index order. This makes the test somewhat easier since characters that use similar primitives will appear in the same order as they are introduced in the book (thus hinting at which primitives the characters are made of). On the other hand it may also help users who have difficulty passing the first review, by emphasizing the connections between the characters made of similar primitives. Up to you! And of course you can switch it whenever you like.
The option to shuffle the cards was also added to Custom Review > Review a range of kanji, as a new checkbox. This option is now off by default. I thought this would be a more sensible default for non-SRS reviews. If not, let me know what you think!
- Fix for small screens20 April 2015
- The sponsors sidebar should now display horizontally on small screens, so you don't need to scroll down that much (thanks Rakesh!).
I'd like to fix the viewport eventually, so mobile users don't need to zoom and pan the webpage, however there's still quite a bit of work to adapt the Study pages. I'm not quite sure yet how to adapt the Study sidebar functionality in a single column layout.